Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Wrap Up

Did the obligatory begging for candy with our ladybug girl.



She had a blast. At each house, she'd yell out "Trick or Treat!" and was completely unphased by all of the frightening costumes and decorations. In fact, this morning she told me matter-of-factly about a boy who "had a shin guard on his head with blood coming out."

Really, the most frightening occurrence is Sarah's new pastime of asking me how things are made. "Mama, how do you make sand?" "How do you make a coffee maker?" "How do you make a stove?" "How do you make vitamins?"

What? Where did she get this new obsession? She just keeps asking, and I just keep making stuff up. I mean, I try to give as close of an answer as I can manage and at a level that she can understand, but it's hard. Some of the answers are complicated, and I don't have all of the answers. Seriously, I don't know how vitamins are made.

This morning the influence of Halloween candy caused her to ask, "How do you make gum?" Try answering that before your first cup of coffee.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Sarah is a lot like her mommy. I remember answering questions like, why is cow poop green and runny? or why do fish like worms on hooks?. All from a little girl who was about two years old.
Big Brother.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ahhh. LOVE IT. M was a ladybug too.

How does one make vitamins? I've always wondered that myself...

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Yay for Google, now you can say "Lets look it up together" and you don't actually need to know how to make vitamins.

Cute outfit though, Daddy looks funny too.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Big B - How did you keep from losing your mind? The questions are constant. Sometimes, I think she doesn't breath.

jen - Vitamins? I never thought something supposedly beneficial would bring me so much trouble.

ncd - At this rate, I think I could spend every waking hour asking "the Google" for answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >