Monday, October 09, 2006

She calls him Grandpa Julianne

Sarah got her first haircut from a professional this weekend. Up until now, I could do the job myself. I'm far from a professional, but I could distract her, snip the vital areas and get the job done. Sadly, this just isn't an option any longer. It's become Sarah's mission to foil all of my attempts to cut her hair. Consequently, she's been sporting a lopsided mess of a do for a while now. So, Mike took her in to visit his barber, Susan.

I'm not sure what happened in that magical shop, but Sarah came home elated. She twirled around the house savoring the special yellow lollipop that she got as a treat.

All weekend, I tried to photograph the new haircut, but she refused to cooperate (Do you see a theme here?). When the camera came out, she'd run away and hide her face. This morning, I had an idea and tried a different approach. I said, "Grandpa Julian would like to see your new haircut. Can I take a picture of it to send to him?" Next thing I know, she's not only cooperating, but she's working the camera as if possessed by the spirit of Cindy Crawford.





Maybe, I'll let her know that Grandpa Julian would really like her to eat some meat, pick up her toys and go to bed early.

5 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl!
I know grandpa would love the
new haircut. Tell her she
looks like her grandpa too...
I think so a bit...REJ

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

Very cute, I love short hair on little girls.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

um...does she come with a spoon, because she is so delicious it is making me hungry.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

REJ - Mike has always said that she looks like Luke. Now, I think I have to agree with him.

scribbit - The best part is that the short hair is so much easier.

jen - Thanks. I have to agree.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I’m not a parent, but I am your cousin. I know you probably don’t know enough about me to guess if I clued you, but Luke and Cody told me that you had a blog when I stayed with my tia Angie last year during a rural rotation in Vegas. Do you give up? it’s your cousin Isaac. I’m in Dallas now, ugh. I’m getting use to it though. I think your daughter is beautiful, and she is lucky to have you as a mom. I would like to talk more, but I will say that you have always been an inspiration to me and I look forward to visiting you and your husband someday. Sorry I couldn’t talk more about parenting, but I just can’t relate at this point in my life. However, when I do become as blessed as you some day to have such a wonderful child, I will look to your so-called so-so parenting as my guide to so-so parenting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >