Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Always Come Back

When I drop Sarah off at daycare, I try to follow the same routine. I tell her, "I'm going to work, but I'll be right back. I always come back."

I was told by her teacher that while playing in the play yard Sarah did something very interesting. She rounded up all of her friends and convinced them to get into a small fenced enclosure in the play yard. When they were settled into the area, she walked out of the enclosure and latched the gate behind her. Her friends began to protest, but Sarah held up her finger and said, "I'm going to work. I'll be right back. " She then did a slow lap around the play yard, came back to her screaming friends and announced, "I'm back! I always come back." Then, she unlatched the gate and released the tots.

Her teacher was very amused. Her friends, not so much.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW FUNNY! sarah is a born leader. i can only imagine that slow lap around the playground! james would like to know what his little cousin would like for christmas. call me and let me know. love, carrie

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Carrie - Christmas? I don't even have Halloween planned out yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >