Sunday, September 10, 2006

Call Me

Sarah has known her dad's name for a long time now. Then again, she's also memorized his favorite foods, resting heart rate, social security number and voting history. She watches him as closely as Lola watches the dog food bin.

A few weeks ago, she figured out my name. She doesn't use it very often. I don't think she's ever called for me by name. "Mama!" usually works just great for her. When I ask her what my name is, she says with very little enthusiasm, "You're Julianne."

The other afternoon, her daycare teacher told me that Sarah had gotten a splinter in her foot. When the teacher attempted to remove the splinter, Sarah got very upset and began screaming, "Call Julianne! Call Julianne!"

Splinter picker. That's all I am to this child.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will call Hal "Harold Dale Ackler" when I want his full attention. So Hank has decided that my full name is "Mommy Dale Ackler".

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is so funny! james hasn't figured out that mommy has an actual name. i just got him to say his name and it comes out jane. hmmm...could the man purse have something to do with this! love, carrie

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rach - That is really funny!

Carrie - Jane, huh? I like it. Just as long as he doesn't start calling you Tarzan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >