Friday, September 01, 2006

And the questions just keep coming...

While looking at pictures of marine life on her juice box (yeah, I don't know what fish have to do with apple juice either.)

Her: What's that?
Me: A crab.
Her: A crab?
Me: Yeah, a crab.
Her: What do crabs eat?
Me: Ugghhh... Let's ask daddy.

Dinner conversation in which I just finished explaining that Auntie Bobbie Jo and Uncle Matthew are Luke's mom and dad.

Her: Where is Luke?
Me: He's at Grandma Angie's house.
Her: Bobbie Jo there?
Me: Yes. His mama and daddy are both there.
Her: Where's your mama and daddy? Who's your mama and daddy?
Me: [Thinking: Is she serious? Does she know what she's asking?]

While listening to frogs in our yard.

Her: I hear the frogs!
Me: I hear them, too!
Her: I can't see them.
Me: No. They're hiding
Her: Do the frogs have beds?
Me: Well...they sleep outside in the grass or under leaves.
Her: Do they want to come in my house?
Me: Probably not. They like it outside.
Her: Are they shy?
[And on and on and on.... Do they want to sit on my couch? Will they go poo-poo on my couch? What do they eat? Are they dirty? Can I touch them? ]

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger becca said...

Are you sure she isn't five? Or even four or three?

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a little girl who asked unending questions about everything and anything. Big Brother

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

becca - When she asks these questions, I don't think she's always necessarily interested in the answers. Sometimes, I think she asks them more as a way to make conversation and get our attention. It works.

Big Brother - This must be karma paying me a visit, and it's driving me crazy! She doesn't stop talking. It's the why's that drive me craziest. I'm so sorry for every question I ever asked you. Thanks for not clubbing me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >