Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Contrast

The monster of yesterday was nowhere to be found today. Sarah was a joy this morning. She cracked jokes, colored with me and even let me dress her without complaining or having to be wrestled to the ground. Amazing. You'd think I'd be thrilled. And, part of me is. But, another part of me just feels like I'll never win or fully understand this parenting thing.

On a mostly different topic, ok, it's still about Sarah, but this is not about her personality. It's about her enormous physical changes. She pulled out a toy that she hadn't used in a very long time. After I snapped a picture of her on this toy, I remembered that I already had a photo of her on the same toy. It turns out the old photo was taken just shy of a year ago (October 5, 2005). The latest photo was taken on Monday (September 18, 2006).



I was amazed at how much longer, leaner and intense she looks. She's definitely no longer a baby.

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Valarie said...

nope, no baby there. And I'm in so much trouble if you don't have that parenting thing figured out. You seem to have it so much more together than I do.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I love the comparison shots. It is so cute to see the changes.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julianne,
I don't mean to disappoint you,
but....those tantrums/perfect child
behaviors do not end after the
Terrible Two's. The behaviors reveal the themselves in a repetitive cycle in varying forms.
Multiply it by 3 and it make for
a very interesting household.
Forbid the parents have any
adult pouting going on. Life/parentin is so full of surprise. That is why we run to
de-stress and work to rest.
REJ Sarita is adorable! "strong spirited child", I think is what you call it. I would not know..

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She will be off to college some day and she will always be your baby.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

valarie - After five minutes in our house, it would become clear that I have no idea what I'm doing.

ncd - The changes are unbelievable to me.

REJ - No. The crazy mood swings must not pass the age of two. I have no idea how you deal with three kids.

anon - You're right. She will always be my baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >