Friday, October 06, 2006

A popsicle! A popsicle! My kingdom for a popsicle!

In between exaggerated sobs after taking a minor spill last night, she grabs my chin, pulls my face to hers and says, "Maybe a popsicle will make it all better."

There's always talk about the danger of guns and drugs, but no one ever talks about the extreme influence that frozen sugar water on a stick can have on your children.

Popsicles have led my child to exercise severe forms of manipulation. She'll do anything for a few licks of the cold treat. A few mornings ago, she declared from her crib, "It's daytime. Not dark anymore. We can have popsicles!"

Once your child discovers that the icy goodness can also turn her tongue shades of bright green, the road of your life will become a sticky path littered with wooden sticks. You've been warned.

6 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

At least she's easily comforted. And yes, popsicles do make things better. Wait till she tries ice cream!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice Cream will actually be better for fixing boo boos just ask Cody and Luke. Big Brother

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

nice. i haven't ventured into popsicle land yet. now that i more deeply understand the ramifications, i think i'll wait.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! My girlfriend's child has always mistaken the word "impossible" for popcicle. As a result, everything is now possible since she avoids the word like the plague! They are addictive, I have to admit.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

scribbit - Sugar will fix any of her problems.

Big Brother - I remember Cody eating it straight out of the box with a spatula!

jen - There's no going back for me now.

lori - I love how your friend's life is so positive now.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger SuperP. said...

I refuse my Oee anything sugary.. to the point that a treat has become an apple or a banana and my friends think I'm neurotic. But, now, when I do (every second month or so) surprise her with a five cent candy, she can make that candy last half an hour and she never misses it.

And then.. her biodad fed her chocolate icecream.

....stay...away...from...the....icecream.....

icecream = bouncingchild
noicecream = screamingchild

Good luck! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >