Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tonsillitis-Induced Writer's Block

Gosh, it feels like I've been away from this thing I call a blog for a very long time. There were a few things keeping me away.

First, Sarah got sick and had to stay home. No, wait. That really wasn't such a big deal after all. She recovered quickly, and having her at home was a special treat for me. So, I can't blame my absence on her.

Then, there was the weekend, but I almost never update on the weekends anyway. So, that's not a good excuse either.

Well, the work week began after that which meant that I was busy. Really, I can still find time to write up a quick entry. So, I guess that's not the reason.

Oh yeah, now I remember. Sometime Monday night, my tonsils turned black, resembling the remnants from a horror flick involving chain saws and maggots. This caused me to spend a good chunk of time trying to fight off chills in a tub of hot water and experiment with the effects of overdosing on Advil. It's hard to type when you're wet and hallucinating. So, I didn't update all week.

All is better now. A kind doctor took a look at my throat, stepped back in shock, handed me a prescription for lovely antibiotics and washed his hands repeatedly.

Back to the usual updates from our little world. Sorry to disappoint. On second thought, the wet and hallucinating posts could have been more entertaining.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

I was wondering what happened to you...and was a bit concerned. sorry to hear it's been rough going but glad you are on the mend...you know, i don't live all that far from you, i would have brought you soup. really. xo

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

helloo, i have a weird favour to ask, can you please delete the comment i made on the first entry of this:
http://maxdon.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_maxdon_archive.html
its just that it contains my email address and...i'm weird and paranoid about that =[ sorry! still enjoying your blog =D

x

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger SuperP. said...

BLACK??

Did he tell you what it was??

I hope you feel better, soon.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

jen - Soup? That's so kind of you. Thanks for the nice thoughts.

anonymous - No problem. I've removed the comment. Hope all is well in the UK.

penny - Don't have the results of the strep test yet, so I'm not completely sure what caused my problems. I'm just thankful for antibiotics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >