Monday, February 02, 2009

Heat Index

Went for a run on Friday in sunny 55 degree weather, thought I might collapse from heat exhaustion. I found myself seeking out patches of snow and ice to run on, hoping to cool myself off.

Sancho struggled and lagged behind in the warmth. I had to stop and let him wade in a semi-frozen stream at one point.

Funny. When we lived in Southern California, I imagine I would have thrown on an extra layer of clothing on a "chilly" day like that.

Today, it's expected to warm to near 60 degrees! I can't wait to bake on the trails. I might have to shave Sancho, if he is to survive.

Completely unrelated photo below. We took Sarah to the Badlands for a little hiking a few weeks ago. This is how she chose to outfit herself:



Seriously? A pink parasol. Is that necessary?

And do you see those jeans? I had to sit on her and force them on her body while she howled.

Can not possibly be my child.

5 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Marti said...

i don't remember if i've ever commented but i've been following your blog for a while now and i just wanted to say that i love it :)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Marti said...

p.s. i especially appreciate the way you accept and write about sarah's pinkness/princessness...

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Deby said...

The weather has been quite bizarre, huh? Took Thor for a walk yesterday and was sweating in my short sleeved t-shirt and jeans.

What gives? And I too was a thin-skinned So Cal girl who always, ALWAYS had a jacket or sweatshirt in my office for when it dipped below 75.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so my first thought upon reading this is that Sarah is now insisting on wearing really tight jeans. It brought me right back to 7th grade, when we would have to lie down in order to zip up a truly great pair of jeans.

It took me a while to figure this one out. I had to click on the picture and enlarge it, to see just how tight her jeans were. They looked fine, which led me to consider other reasons you might have had to sit on her.

Rach

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Marti - Thanks! Sarah's ways confuse me.

Deby - On Monday, I ran in shorts and a t-shirt, much better.

Rach - Funny! I should have been clearer. Sarah refuses to wear pants, of any type. It's dresses all the time around here.

I remember the tricks of trying to squeeze into too tight jeans. Why did we do that? Insanity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >