Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Así Es Nuevo México

How can I be homesick already? I just got back from New Mexico yesterday.

There are reasons. There are scenes that squeeze my heart, scenes that make it hard to breathe. Like this photo of my brother breaking a mustang, a wild horse, with ease and patience. So comfortable, so right. The golden pasture, the biting wind and the moody sky, can you see them? I can smell them. My cheeks are cold, but I don't move. This is a moment I don't want to leave. This is home.


Un canto que traigo muy dentro del alma
Lo canto a mi estado - mi tierra natal.
De flores dorada mi tierra encantada
De lindas mujeres - que no tiene igual.

Así es Nuevo México
Así es esta tierra del sol
De sierras y valles de tierras frutales
Así es Nuevo México...
(Lucero, Amadeo)
[quieres cantar?]

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ay! mi corazon pesado. Como no lloro? Asi es Nuevo Mexico. REJ
La Vida Encantada!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger QT said...

I've never lived any other place like it. It is truly a treasure.

That photo only tells about third of the story....

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Deby said...

What a beautiful photo. I didn't know that you hailed from New Mexico. It is always bittersweet to return home, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >