Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not Bavarian Style

Remember Labor Day weekend? Yeah, me neither.

Well, on that long ago weekend, my camera's memory tells me that our good friend, Niko, rolled into town. He came all the way from his current hometown of Zurich. Usually, he only brings his good humor and hunger for red meat. This time he also brought his lovely girlfriend, Sabine. An excellent addition!

I'm sure we did lots of things while they were here, but my camera only captured scenes from our trip to Todd Lake. So, all other memories are lost.

I do remember that the weekend was unusually cold, and our German raised visitors were forced to layer up. Sabine was rocking a style that we termed Bavarian, think hip-hop lederhosen but edgier, to stay warm.

While hiking, Sabine had two requests. First, that we capture a photo of them with a lake and mountain backdrop. Second, that I crop out the Bavarian fashion statement from the photo of them with the lake and mountain backdrop. I like simple requests.



Soon after this, they packed up and headed south, because it was too cold here. Too cold for Germans. Fantastic.

Doesn't that just make you want to come out and visit in the wintertime? Should be lovely.

Bring lederhosen.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger QT said...

We are supposed to get a ton of snow AGAIN this winter, too.

How generous of you to comply with those cropping requests!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >