Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things I shouldn't complain about. But still do...

Sarah is a great eater. Not only can she put down large portions of food, the foods that she selects are usually quite healthy.

Just a few days ago, we had some friends over. There was a platter of vegetables and dip on the table. As Sarah reached up and grabbed a raw asparagus stalk to munch, the jaws of two of the moms at the table dropped as they let out little gasps of surprise, "She eats asparagus!" Sure. Asparagus. And every conceivable fruit, steak, salmon, peas, artichokes, rice, hummus, beans, eggs, oatmeal, cucumbers, tofu, pecans, cauliflower, tuna, pistachios, spinach, edamame, shrimp, and on and on and on... Oh and her current favorite food, sardines. Seriously. She tries to sneak them into her lunch box daily. Her teachers are not amused.

So, I shouldn't complain, right? Well, I'm going to complain. It's what I do. You see, Sarah will not eat a couple of items typically loved by kids everywhere. Even more importantly, she won't eat a couple of items that would make my life easier. My life. It's always about me. Me. ME. ME!

She won't eat pizza. She won't eat peanut butter and jelly.

What kind of kid is this? Do you know how hard it is to pack a daily lunch and never include PB&J? You must know how easy and satisfying it is to pick up a pizza on a Friday night after a long workweek.

Not in our house. Nope. I'm the loser roasting beets and grilling chicken for my kid. Ugh... She will, however, do just about anything for a lollipop or marshmallows or ice cream. So, I figure there's still hope.

Then again, this was her reaction to cotton candy.



Maybe I'm out of luck.

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger QT said...

yeah - you shouldn't be complaining...what about a non-traditional pizza? Like one with sliced roasted beets and blue cheese crumbles on it?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jen F said...

My son has similar tastes. He'd rather eat eggplant than chicken nuggets, and prefers sushi over pizza. In fact, when we go to the pizza place he gets salad bar.

Kids today, I tellya...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >