Monday, July 28, 2008

Sparks Lake

Here's the thing that we love most about living in this town. We can work all morning on taking down the mondo list of chores that stalks us and interrupts our sleep patterns. Then when we get sick of the list and accept the futility of our efforts, we can drive a mere 30 minutes and be at a spectacular mountain playground for some fun.

That's just what we did on Sunday - made a small dent in the chore list and then played at Sparks Lake.

First up was a little hiking:



Sarah, as usual, wore her signature color (thanks for the extra pink, Romeros):



Along the trail we found some fantastic rock formations for a little bouldering:





And some yawn inducing views:



We completed the trip by dipping our kayak into the lake. And wouldn't you know it? We were immediately surrounded by even more lame scenery. Gosh, what I would do for a glimpse of a skyscraper or some smog. I miss the smog. Instead, we got to see Mt. Bachelor protruding behind Mike:



South Sister is muddying up the scenery here:



I don't feel too bad about the lack of significant sights, since I didn't have to do much of the work. We just left the paddling to Sarah.



Oh, I can hardly wait to skip out on the chore list next weekend again. I just hope I end up at a shopping mall instead.

7 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger QT said...

Wow- I am envious, tho I do get to do some camping this weekend, finally.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I'm ready to deal with the snow. Please get Hal a job up there. Where was it that Mike posted himself?

Rachael

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rachael - I think Mike posted on Yahoo HotJobs. Do you think Hal would consider working as our nanny? Doesn't pay well, but it would be highly satisfying (for us).

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'd probably be a great nanny and would be psyched to do it if you could just give him some room in your house to set up all the lab equipment he has stashed in the garage. Do you have a chemical venting hood? Has Sarah had any lab safety courses, yet?


Rachael

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a completely unrelated note - how do you do all that sporty stuff, much less climb up a crevice in a rock, in a white shirt and still appear spotless????? If I had climbed, the entire front of my shirt would be smudged and stained.

Rachael

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a completely unrelated note - how do you do all that sporty stuff, much less climb up a crevice in a rock, in a white shirt and still appear spotless????? If I had climbed, the entire front of my shirt would be smudged and stained.

Rachael

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rachael -
Sarah has a welding helmet. That's a start, right?

I'm filthy in that photo. Our camera just doesn't capture it very well. Also, the shirt is made of Sueded Tactel. It's this really awesome fabric that you can just flick the dirt right off of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >