Friday, April 18, 2008

Growth

This morning Sarah came downstairs after getting dressed and said, "These pants were hard to get on." I took a look at her and the bottom of her little pants were nearly up to her knees. Yikes! This girl has been growing faster than my love for Trader Joe's.

She visited the doctor a couple of weeks ago, and we found that she had grown over 2 1/2 inches. In one month! She's around the 95th percentile for height. I don't know where this height is coming from. I am a shrimp, but I prefer to call myself petite. I'd prefer that you do the same, or I'll show you how effectively a shrimp can bite your ankles. Mike is (don't tell him this either) not exactly huge. So some recessive gene is kicking in, or she's getting all of her growing done at an early age.

Now I'm concerned that she's on the verge of another growth spurt. For breakfast yesterday, she ate three eggs. Three! This was her dinner (Now, I love to exaggerate, but the following contains no exaggeration. In fact, it may contain omissions as I was having a hard time keeping track of all that was eaten.):
  • 1 large pretzel stick
  • handful of blueberries
  • 1 cheese stick
  • 2 kiwis
  • 1 full-sized taco
  • 3 cherry tomatoes
  • entire bowl of beans and rice
  • 3 glasses of milk
  • 1 slice of cake
If her bedtime hadn't approached, I believe she would have kept eating.

Tonight's dinner:
  • 8 chicken nuggets
  • several bowls of corn
  • 1 kiwi
  • 1 buttered flour tortilla
  • few bites of rice
  • 2 glasses of milk
  • 1 slice of cake
Clearly, I have some shopping to do. We're in need of bigger pants. And more groceries. A lot more groceries.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I won't tell Mike, you petite princess. Oh my though, those dinners are amazing! How do you get all that food into that little body? I can't imagine where she would put an entire taco AND rice and beans. Good luck and congrats on the Trader Joes, that should help at least with the food shopping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >