Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blur

Here's some random stuff just to make me feel better - you know, to give me the false sense that I still blog regularly. And to whine. OK. Mostly to whine.
  • Up until today, I was pretty sure that this time change might kill me.

  • I worked all last weekend.

  • My co-worker and I were exchanging email at 1:30 am on Saturday night (which really makes it Sunday morning).

  • Sunday and Monday, I don't remember much.

  • Except for the running.

  • I remember running out the door, running to my car, nearly running red lights and running up the stairs to Sarah's school.

  • I was late a lot on those days.

  • Sarah awoke with a serious fever around 1 am on Tuesday night (which really makes it Wednesday morning).

  • At that point, I knew I wouldn't be getting much work done when the sun came up.

  • Since I was already working (yeah, I was still up working), I just kept chugging along.

  • I finished a set of design changes around 3 am Tuesday night. (Morning, night? It makes no difference at that point.)

  • By 9:30am Wednesday, Sarah was watching Sesame Street.

  • I was working again.

  • Sarah visited the doctor that afternoon.

  • Strep test was negative.

  • 8 pm that night (Wednesday? Let me check. Yeah, it was still Wednesday.), I had another set of design changes ready.

  • Sleep. I had actual sleep that night. (Last night? Wow, that was last night. Feels so long ago.)

  • Today, I felt like this time change might not kill me.

  • But my job.

  • My job. It still might kill me.

  • And this kid. The twinkle of this (much healthier) kid definitely kills me.

3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To think I was getting sore at you for not calling me last week. The whole emotional Brett Favre week is all history now. I'm over it. The kids are fine. My work is hardly work. And we are no longer in Below Zero temps in WI.. The record snow season has cheered us up some. However, THE D_M_! TIME CHANGE has thrown me off sorts.
Please get some rest! You will be
vulnerable to illness after such a blasted week. REJ hugs...

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Cutest picture ever. Love it.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Gah! What a week. Also? I'm glad I'm not the only one using my blog to whine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >