Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007 - Daytime

Just to make sure that we packed in every conceivable winter activity into our last weekend of the year, Mike and Bridget's dad went snowboarding, Bridget's mom went cross-country skiing and I took the girls snowshoeing.



We felt bad about dragging our friends out in a blizzard a couple of days before, but I think the perfection of this day made up for the earlier rage of winter.



During our rests, the girls kept a close lookout for their dads. They were convinced that they were giant snowballs rolling down the mountain. Maybe not far from the truth.



After snowshoeing, snacking and daddy lookout, the girls discovered a big hole in the snow. Playing in this hole proved to be the most entertaining winter activity of the weekend.



A close second in entertainment value was the building of Molly the snow-woman (she's the short mound of snow with eyes and a mouth made of chocolate cookies).



Truly this was one of the best ways to spend the remaining daylight hours of 2007. I have a suspicion that those little girls would agree. Just this morning Sarah crawled into bed with me and whispered, "I want to hug Bridget right now. And kiss her."

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have a really hard time making facial features out of chocolate cookies. I can't let go of chocolate cookies.

Is Bend one of those places where it's cold enough to have snow, but warm enough to enjoy it? It sure looks like it. What is the temperature?

You are so sporty and outdoorsy and active that it makes me feel completely inadequate, but I'm trying to be mature about it. :)

Rach

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rach - It's pretty cold here. The highs have been around the mid to upper 20s during our outings. The trick is to keep moving and wear plenty of layers.

Don't feel inadequate. Just remember I never post about the days that I spend in my pajamas whining. Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >