Sunday, December 09, 2007

Determination

Remember those cross-country skis that I told you Mike gave Sarah last weekend. Well, she can't get enough of them. Obsessed might be a better way to describe her feelings towards those little pieces of plastic.

We took her out skiing today and she skied nearly three-fourths of a mile with me. She only stopped to make an occasional snow angel or to try to peg me with snowballs. Awesome! When she finally got tired, I popped her in the Chariot and finished the loop.

In preparation for this outing, Sarah spent lots of time in the backyard last week honing her skills. I captured a little bit of one of her practice sessions.

Here is some footage of her climbing skills followed by some gliding action.



Next is a glimpse of her downhill capabilities.



I don't know if it's obvious from these videos, but Sarah is a creature of great determination. She will ski. It doesn't matter how hungry, cold or tired I am. She's going to stay outside and ski. The only hope I have of getting her inside is the promise of hot chocolate or candy. And sometimes, even that fails.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I am so jealous. Maybe she can talk to Jacob...he still has no interest in skiing. All he remembers is that those boots hurt! Emma...I think she'd probably be like Sarah...determined.

Love the new house...beautiful!!
rachel

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger QT said...

Cute!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was that much snow up there. I thought it might dust and then melt, but apparently that is not so. Please provide additional details.

Sarah looks great, and I'd go so far as to say much more coordinated than Hank, even though he's a year older. I can't think he'd be able to handle skis.

Rachael

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rachel - Wish we could get them all together. I bet Sarah and Emma would tear up the slopes.

Rachael - So far, we have gotten just small amounts of snow (an inch or two). It mostly melts in about a day or so with patches left in the shade.

If you drive 20 minutes from here (about 2,000 feet higher), there is plenty of snow and good skiing. Bring Hank out. He needs to try out the skis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >