Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Graffiti

Sarah has a new obsession. Can you tell what it is?



If you guessed the letter H, I owe you a penny.

Every scrap of available paper in our house and the still unpacked moving boxes have been tagged with H's. Last night at dinner, she asked for an extra spoon so that she could form an H with her eating utensils. She placed a fork and a spoon parallel to each other and used the extra spoon to connect them into a capital H. She was so pleased with herself I thought she might wiggle right out of her chair.

Her interest in letters doesn't stop at the letter H. She's also very interested in how different words are spelled. A few days ago, she asked me how her best friend's name was spelled. I slowly spelled out B-R-I-D-G-E-T. Sarah exclaimed, "R! There's an R in my name. That must be why I love Bridget so much."

Yup. Forget numerology, astrology and phrenology. It's the consonants. They're the key to a successful relationship. Consonantology, baby. Look into it.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger QT said...

Once I learned cursive, I started to find excuses to write certain letters, like S and G, especially the caps.

How did I miss the tahnskgiving hike post? That looks like it was alot of fun - and an easy way to justify eating extra stuffing, too!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't too racy for a public forum, but Hankies likes to make letters in bed. For example, you have Mommy lying on one side of the bed, and Daddy on the other. Then, Hankies can put his head on Mommy's tummy and his feet on Daddy's tummy, and make an H. That happens to be his favorite bed letter, no doubt because he and Sarah are meant to be together.

Rach

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rach - H! The first letter of Hank's name. They are destined for each other. I'm so pleased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >