Sunday, November 04, 2007

New Mexico Surprise

Phew! It wasn't easy, but somehow I made it through October.

November is another thing. If I make it through this month, I'll be astonished. And probably on a ventilator. Or on some serious meds. Or maybe meds through a ventilator. That sounds nice. I want food through a tube too. Seriously. We're that busy.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time for words. So, the quick summary is that we headed to New Mexico last weekend for my mom's 70th birthday. My uncle Max and my brother's family planned a fantastic surprise birthday party for my mom, her twin sister, Vangie, and my uncle's wife, Rosario. (Thank you tío, Matt, Bobbie, Cody and Luke!) This is where I could go on and on about how beautiful it is in northern New Mexico and how wonderful it was to see so many friends and relatives, but I won't. I don't have time. So instead, here are some photos and next time I see you, buy me a cup of coffee and I'll nauseate you with the details about my trip home.

First off, Sarah and her Grandpa feeding the chickens. She adores her Grandpa Julian.



Here's my sister and her crew.



At the party there was a photo collage of the birthday girls through the years. This is one of my favorite photos of Las Cuatas, my mom and her twin.



Las Cuatas on their 70th year:













The rest of the night was spent dancing, so I have no more photos. Let me tell you there is nothing like a northern New Mexico party. So much fun! I can hardly wait to do it again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >