Tuesday, December 04, 2007

When mom's away...

I had to head down to Southern California on a work trip again. When I told Sarah that I was going to Pasadena, she didn't cry or beg me not to leave. Instead, she screamed with delight, "Yeah! We'll eat crabs!"

It's become their tradition - when mom's away, a crab feast is had. They sent me a photo of their spread:



Earlier in the day, they had another treat without me. Mike picked up a pair of cross-country skis for Sarah on Saturday. So, he took her out on Sunday morning for her first backcountry ski trip:



There was a blizzard raging when they did this, but Mike said Sarah was a trooper and skied a good distance on her own.

Gosh. They have a lot of fun when I'm gone. I can't wait to get home tonight and put an end to all of that enjoyment.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger QT said...

Mmmm - I miss Dungeness crabs. A lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >