Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Recipes Even I Can't Screw Up

Cooking is so not my thing. Actually, I'm not really sure what my thing is or even if I have a thing. If I do have a thing, it probably is sleep related. Did you know I can sleep with my entire face smothered by several blankets AND a pillow? Not only can I sleep and breathe that way, that is my preferred method of sleeping. Impressive, no? I am a goddess.

So, back to things I don't enjoy nearly as much - like cooking. I thought I'd share a great recipe that we sampled this weekend, Mango-Cucumber Salad. This was so very easy to make, and I didn't screw it up in any way.

Mango-Cucumber Salad
Katie Schnorr , Cooking Light, AUGUST 2004
Ingredients
4 cups diagonally cut thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumber (about 2 medium)
2 cups thinly sliced peeled mango (about 2 medium)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Yield 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

We had it with bulgogi (not prepared by me), spicy chicken skewers (not prepared by me) and rice (not prepared by me). Delicious!

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the reason I'm not good at so many things is because I have other talents. Other, yet to be discovered talents... I'm sure they're there. I am also very, very good at sleeping, so I guess that's one of them. I'm also good at eating. So, there's two, already.

Rach

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger QT said...

This looks like a great choice for the weather we are having lately. BTW, I LOVE LOVE bulgogi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >