Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Random List

1) See this flower. This flower is huge. It's growing in the yard of one of our neighbors. It reminds me of a ball of fireworks. I have no idea what it's called. I call it Astonishing With White Tips.



ETA: A reader who knows a thing or two about plants pointed out that this flower is not some Astonishing nonsense. It is, in fact, a Mystery Day Dinner Plate Dahlia. Thanks, QT! I wish I knew stuff.

2) Yes. I gave her permission to do this.



3) Sarah has a lot of energy.



4) Seriously. A lot of energy.



5) Sometimes after your kids learn how to talk, you really wish they hadn't.

Exhibit A: Today at the Target checkout counter
Sarah in a very, very loud voice: I don't want to go in this line. She has funny hair.
Cashier with funny hair: [glare]

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger QT said...

I am surprised there isn't more blur in those photos!

That flower is a Dahlia called "Mystery Day" -beautiful!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Thanks, QT! I had a suspicion you might be able to id it for me.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Jonzie said...

My nephew is the same, 4 years young and cant stop asking questions for which, of course, there is rarely a straight forward answer. But the worst is that he's in perpetuous movement. Sometimes I get the feeling there's so much energy in him he's going to explode.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

that is a great picture, and i love that Neen knows the name. and that it has such a great name.

funny hair lady, indeed. which target? dude, i keep forgetting we are neighbors. what if i passed you in target and had no idea?

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Peach Pod said...

I had the same kind of child. When people would ask me where my son got all of his energy, I would tell them he sucked it out of me!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

jen - Funny. I saw a little girl with curls one day at Trader Joe's and wondered if it could be M.

We were at the Mountain View Target by the way. You'd know us. My kid would be the one insulting complete strangers. I'd be the one pretending not to know her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >