Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's Art, Just Mirror It

Sarah has taken to drawing little figures lately - people, dogs, ducks, etc. This is a new phase for her. Prior to this, she was all about the merry-go-round. Merry-go-rounds with bird poop, merry-go-rounds "going super fast, like a rocket" and "just plain old, plain old merry-go-rounds".

Anyway, last night, I had the honor of having my image drawn. As she worked, she described what she was drawing: "These are your legs, mama." "And, this is your curly hair." "I'll write your name right here. J..R..S.. All done!"

It was one of those quiet times when Sarah is completely in the moment, sharing her thoughts with me. A time just between the two of us. One of those moments that I wish could be captured on paper, stuffed in my pocket and uncrumpled whenever I needed to be warmed.



Some day, this masterpiece will clearly be worth millions. You know, it's already priceless to me.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Lovely, she really captured your essence. Enjoy.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger QT said...

OMG - you must save this forever!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! those mommy moments that wipe
out all stuff mommies endure for that beautiful life that has been entrusted to you. Priceless...I agree. REJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >