Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Achievements

I did it! I can't believe I did it. After training, sweating and overcoming insurmountable barriers, I got Sarah into a party dress:



Her best friend's third birthday party was this weekend. The entire time before the party, Sarah was insisting that she was going to wear her "rocket shirt", a blue t-shirt with the space shuttle on it. I decided I just wouldn't even fight the battle and let her wear whatever she wanted. Heck, if she'd asked for the car keys to drive us to the party, I would have probably turned those over, too. You see, I just don't have the energy to waste on these issues anymore. I channel what little extra energy and time I have into vital tasks like showering and mainlining Geritol.

So, I'm not sure what made her put the dress on this time. I laid out an array of party dresses, and for reasons I'll never understand, she chose one, one that wasn't pink!, and even let me comb her hair. Wow! I was shocked. But just to assure me that she hadn't completely changed, she stuck her finger in her mouth and made "funny faces" for the camera. Whatever. Me. Tired.



Yeah. So, that was my big achievement this weekend. I got my kid dressed. My sister, on the other hand, ran a marathon. Another marathon. I can't even keep track of how many she's run now. What's even more astonishing is that this was her fastest marathon yet! She was one of the top ten runners in her age group. She's getting faster! I'm so proud of her. If I could only find my cane, I'd stand up and cheer for her.

5 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Absolutely adorable. I love both of these pics.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger QT said...

Oh, I love them too! It was worth the effort, mom~ and congrats to your sis on the marathon.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty. I can't wait until she and Hank are married.

I guess running really well runs in your family.

I was able to discourse knowledgebly yesterday with a coworker about butterflies, because of you.

Rachael

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

man, she is cute. wow.

and a marathon? brava to sis.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Scribbit said...

So pretty and perfect for summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >