Friday, June 15, 2007

S Hunter

Sarah has a new obsession. Oh, not to worry. Her usual fixations with popsicles, chocolate and that whiny twerp, Caillou, are still firmly in place. She's just added a new vice - the letter S.

Somehow, she learned that her name begins with this letter. So, now, she spends her time hunting down this magical symbol. She scours signs as we're driving, boxes at the grocery store are scanned closely and even all of our toiletries have been given the once over. Everything is inspected. When she spots her favorite consonant, screams of delight bubble up from her, "S! S! S!"

Yesterday, she was sitting with a cup of Jamba Juice in her lap. As she brought the drink up closer to her face, she said, "If I find an S on this cup, I will be sooo happy."

Ah, such simple joy. I almost understand. But in my case, it's more like, "If I find coffee in this cup, I will be sooo happy."

Yeah. I get it, Sarita. I get it.

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger QT said...

She is a cutie pie - I will be looking for some wine in a cup, myself.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

How lucky to be so easily content :)

That's just the cutest thing--aren't you glad you blog so you can write these things down?

And Caillou is a twerp. Yuck.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger becca said...

You make me laugh - always! I have totally taken a sabbatical from blogging, but I'm still enjoying yours! I am with you on the Caillou thing. Who invented the little guy to teach our children the art of whining - a sick person for sure. Love the letter S fascination! Hope y'all are doing good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >