Monday, November 06, 2006

People Who Inspire Me - Part 2

There’s this guy in my house. No, he’s not an intruder or a Kato Kaelin wannabe. He lives here full-time, helps to pay the bills and even changes a diaper or two.

To look at him, you’d think he was just a normal person. He presents a friendly, fun exterior and has even been known to participate in perfectly normal pastimes - if you consider rugby and hang gliding normal activities. But, he isn’t normal. You see, this guy has a mind that doesn’t work like the average person's. His ideas are colorful and complicated. I imagine his thoughts as patterned and vivid as the movement in a kaleidoscope, but I’m probably wrong. Those are images from a normal brain.

I’ll never know the patterned dances in his mind, but I’ll always be amazed by his abilities and the passion he has to make those visions reality.

His latest project is an electric motorcycle. I don’t know what brought on this idea. I won’t even try to guess. I do know that it’s something that he’s produced with what appears to be ease and in a ridiculously short period of time. The latest spec and video of the project can be found here: Maxdon Electric Propulsion.

Isn’t that amazing?

Sure, it can be daunting to live with genius, but it also prods you and forces you to ask more of your normal self.

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

that IS amazing. I love that you get to be with someone who constantly stimulates you and shows you the world from a different lens.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

People like that always amaze me, and make me wonder why my brain can't do the same thing.

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - You know what? Engineer-smarts always amaze me because I am completely baffled by any of that. Does it rub off?

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

jen - He definitely sees the world differently.

scribbit - I agree. My brain does not operate like that at all.

qt - It does not rub off at all. So sad...

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Valarie said...

that really is amazing. At least you've got a good shot at it rubbing off on your kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >