Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Angeles Forest

When we were still living in Acton and I commuted to JPL, I had a couple of choices for my drive to work. I could either take the 14 freeway and deal with lots high speed traffic, or I could take the Angeles Forest Highway and deal with some high speed traffic. The difference is that on the freeway there are multiple lanes and guardrails. On the Angeles Highway, there are only two lanes with steep drop offs and very few guardrails. There is no room for error. One wrong move and you are either going to plow into the side of a hill or plummet down an embankment. The regular commuters take the sharp curves at amazing speeds.

I took this road for a while. The scenery is just spectacular. I think very few people know how beautiful the forest is above LA. But, I wasn't able to keep this as my regular route. I didn't have the stamina. I'd get out of my car fists clenched and exhausted. The speeds and curves were too much for me.

This morning some of my former colleagues were on that road and something went wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/08/mountain.crash.ap/index.html

I'm sorry for the sad posts lately. Hopefully, I can move back to some more lighthearted stuff.

Here's something to brighten your day or at least leave you wondering.

I can't wait until Sarah can join in.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >