Friday, November 26, 2004

Thankful for Tofu

On Wednesday night, we spotted a few more people that looked interesting at the airport. Once again using the promise of tofu turkey (who knew it would be so easy), we managed to lure four of them home.

The first is a very tall Grandparent specimen. We call him Papa Troy. Following him is an incredibly rare and special breed hardly ever seen, a Great Grandparent! I had heard rumors of their existence, but I doubted I would ever come across one. Like a rare orchid, I thought they could only be found in South American jungles. It turns out they also thrive in Texas. I was delighted to see one in the flesh. We had to bring her home. She goes by the name of Mammaw. Lastly, we snagged an Aunt and an Uncle. The Aunt calls herself Cathy. The Uncle calls himself Kevin. By some weird coincidence, it turns out that the girl we plucked from the train station on Tuesday is their daughter. (Loitering at mass transit stops must be some freaky family hobby.)

I'm not entirely sure about this family. The Uncle's stay was brief. He said that he and the Aunt flew in from Moscow, and the next day, he said that he had to fly to New York to go to "work". His daughter can't seem to get her name straight. She mostly went by the name Caitlin, but at other times, she referred to herself as Violet or Shelby. The Aunt was much too cheerful and refreshed to have flown in from another continent. It's all a little fishy. At first, I was thinking Russian mafia, but then, they broke out a Boo Boo Bunny for Sarah. That is a totally non-mafioso move. Now, I'm thinking witness protection program or caviar pushers (they seemed to be loaded with the stuff). This family is gone now. Cathy and "Caitlin" supposedly left for New York today which is too bad. I would have liked to observe them longer.


Caitlin (or was she Violet here, I forget) in one of her many disguises.

I'm keeping my eye on the other ones we still have here. (By the way, I was right. The first person we picked up at the train station on Tuesday is a Grandparent. We're calling her Nana.) My report will follow.


The rare Great Grandparent in action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >