Monday, December 06, 2004

Abandon Ship

Sarah spent her first night with a babysitter.

On Saturday, Mike and I went to his company's Christmas party. It was held on an aircraft carrier - the USS Hornet. It's big claim to fame is that it was used to retrieve the Apollo 11 capsule. There's more info about the ship here:

http://www.uss-hornet.org/

Anyway, it was a great party. The only problem is that aircraft carriers and evening dresses don't go very well together. There's a reason sailors have those great wool pea coats. It was freezing! Most of the women were huddled in corners shivering. I won't even tell you about our attempts to climb the ladders in high heels, but I will tell you that most of us were not deterred. We still toured the ship.

The babysitter and Sarah also had an excellent night. Sarah slept the entire time we were gone! I didn't hyperventilate once. So, I guess our first childless excursion was a success. Who knows? We might even try it again.


Could you leave this behind? I didn't think so.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Sarah package is precious.
I could not leave her behind.
Rita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >