Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Gators - 2010

Wow! I haven't visited this place in a long time. Truthfully, I had a moment of panic this morning when I wondered if this blog was gone, deleted due to my lack of activity.

To my relief it was still here, memories preserved.

So... I don't even know where to begin. A lot has happened since I last updated WAY back in March.

I guess I'll just start with the activity that has been eating up two of our afternoons during the week and every Saturday of the past month - SOCCER!

Way back in the spring, I told Sarah that I was signing her up for fall soccer. She was not pleased with this announcement, at all. She was very much against participating in any team sport. But, I thought it would be good for her and ignored her protests.

And I'm glad that I did.



Her team is called the Gators. And she is LOVING it!



She and Mike practice footwork and "tricks" at home. And it is fantastic to see my reserved girl really go for it on the field.



I seriously think this has had a major positive impact on her confidence.



And there's nothing better than watching a bunch of first-graders smiling on the field.



Go little Gator, Go!

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous jonzie said...

No pink uniforms? :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Marti said...

yay, you're back! and i bet you signed sarah up for soccer just to get her to wear green instead of pink :)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Ha! You guys are funny. Here's the shocker. Sarah no longer loves pink! Well, light pink. She says it's for babies. She still wears hot pink, though. Apparently, there is a big difference. It's all very complicated. Sigh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >