Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mighty Mites

We figured it was finally time to let Sarah loose on the alpine slopes. So for three Saturdays this month, Sarah is in ski camp with one of her best buddies. And let me tell you, there is nothing cuter than a bunch of 5-year-olds learning how to ski.






Or funnier.



I thought this camp might be nothing more than a glorified day care. I was wrong. True to this town's overachieving athletic spirit, those kids were immediately shown how to work their own skis.







And before long, they were cruising down the training hill unassisted.





This is where I have to give Sarah some props. Last Saturday was a brutally cold day. I mean cold. While Sarah was in her class, Mike and I waited until the afternoon to go cross-country skiing hoping it would warm up some. It didn't warm up. After the first few glides on the trail, I could feel my sinuses freezing up. This was followed by brain freeze! That's right. I got an ice cream headache just from breathing. Ouch!

When it was time to retrieve Sarah, I imagined that she'd be a frozen, miserable mess. Nope. She was having a blast and begged to stay longer.



I guess we'll be spending more time on the mountain. I just hope we can keep up with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >