Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkins or Will This Halloween Madness Ever End?

Pumpkin carving. That's what Sarah's begging pushed me to take on a couple of nights ago.

This is what we started with. (See the mound of dirty dishes in the background. Those are just props. I would never have mounds of dirty dishes in my house. Never. I just wanted to make you feel better about yourself. You're welcome.)



We then cracked open the pumpkins and scraped.



And scooped. (The messy counters in the back, also props. I know my perfection can be intimidating.)



After taking orders from the kid about the exact face that the pumpkins should have, I cut into the fruit.



Here's the final result. (The lights are off, because I didn't want you to see the way that my floors shine without a trace of dog hair. Anywhere.)



But the best part of a pumpkin are the seeds - delicious, roasted and salted seeds! I pluck them with my perfectly manicured nails.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >