Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Contact, Almost Painful

Just found this snippet of a conversation that I meant to post way back in December:

What shall we get your teachers for Christmas?
I don't know.
Well, we need to get something for Miss Laura and Miss Lily.
And Miss Kelsey!
Yes. And Miss Kelsey, too.
I know what we can give Miss Kelsey.
What?
Sancho!

This reminded me of a momentous occasion from a few weeks ago. Sancho and Sarah made contact! Uncomfortable contact. But still, they touched. Neither one seems especially thrilled by the event - stiff spines, tight faces. In fact, Sancho makes that exact expression during vet exams, right before receiving an injection between the shoulder blades and wetting the examination table. Actually, he looks more uncomfortable than that in this photo.



Just for a little comparison, this is how Sarah and Lola touch:



Silly girl! Silly Sanch! Will they ever find love for each other?

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "friend" once got her son to like the dog by telling the son that the dog really loved him. The son warmed up to the dog, who subsequently warmed up to the son.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Anonymous - I'm really not sure I can get Sanch to warm up to Sarah. Unless, I line her pockets with bacon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >