Thursday, October 16, 2008

NM Day 2: Gato Blanco

I have a problem when I go home. Once I unload my suitcase, that's it. I'm done. I don't want to go anywhere. I don't feel the need to visit the little towns, take sightseeing trips or move farther than my legs can take me. I want to stay home.

The interesting thing is that Sarah was completely with me on this. She did not want to go anywhere either - except raspberry picking. She was very excited to do that.

So on the second day, a perfectly cloud covered day, we hit the raspberry fields and quickly collected four pounds of delicious fruit. It was so much fun, highly recommended. I have no photos to share. I was too busy trying to out pick my daughter. She's a little competitive.

Of course once we'd filled our baskets with fruit, we headed straight back home. That's where Uncle Max introduced Sarah to Gato Blanco:



Oh, Sarah is crazy about that cat. She made him little pieces of art, put bows up in the barn as decoration for him and brought him bowls of milk. Gato Blanco thrilled her by purring and cuddling up on her lap. Best friends!

The rest of the day was spent wandering the ranch, avoiding raindrops and chatting with my mama. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better than that, especially the chatting with my mama part.







2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You! REJ
I want to go home.

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I understand more about you. I never lived anyplace like that, so the soul-less nature of the suburbs does not bother me.

Rachael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >