Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marriage

Sarah and I race up the stairs, neither one of us wanting to be a rotten egg. Squeezing past me, Sarah giggles and drops to the top floor.

"Not a rotten egg!", she laughs.
I drop next to her. She gives me a big kiss and says, "When I'm an adult, I want to marry you."
"That's sweet," I say, "but you can't marry your mom."
"Then, I want to marry daddy."
"Well, you can't marry your daddy either."
"Why not?"
"You just can't. That's the rule."
"But he's the best daddy in the world."
"I know."
"Then, I want to marry Luke. Luke, Luke, LUKE. LUKA!"
"You can't marry your cousin either."
"Whyyyyy?"
"You can't marry moms, dads or cousins."
"Why?"
"You just can't."
"Then, I'm going to marry Grandma Angie and Grandpa Julian."
"You can't marry grandmas or grandpas either."
"Whyyyyyy?"

Oh, these conversations can go on forever - just like this enormous castle-themed corn maze that we wandered through this weekend.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is much kinder than Hank. One day, Hank and I were watching Daddy work on the sprinkler system. Hank said "If Daddy dies, we can get a person with no home to come and live with us, and I can marry you." The homeless person would apparently do all of Hal's chores.

Rachael

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger QT said...

I love the corn mazes.....

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rach - Trading Hal in for a homeless person is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. I can't stop laughing. Hank is hilarious!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Rules, rules, rules. That is probably what she was thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >