Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Roses, Again

Remember those enormous roses from last year? Well, they're back. Despite Sarah's continued rapid growth, they're still bigger than her head.

(I'd insert a shot of Sarah and her head here with a rose for comparison, but to do that, I'd have to get her to cooperate, hold a rose and stop moving. Those are all impossible tasks. Trust me. My child is gifted with the ability to ignore my requests, desires, pleads and cries for mercy, even. She can then enthusiastically carry out the exact opposite of my wishes with an energy and delight that drops me to my knees. To say that life with a two-year-old is challenging is like saying that a bite from an Ebola infected monkey is going to throw a wrench (a monkey-wrench, ha!) into your social schedule. It's an understatement of grand proportions.)

Anyway, back to the roses. Here's a crappy photograph of a cluster of them. There just isn't a way to convey the intensity of their color or their startling size.



It's also impossible to describe the glee-inducing scent of this beauty:



I'm waiting eagerly for the peach colored roses to blossom and even more eagerly, for my two-year-old to turn three or whatever magical age it is that brings sanity back to my life. Is there such an age? Oh, just lie to me. Tell me there is.

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I believe that age is 27. So, good luck! Those roses are gorgeous, we haven't even seen sun in a week never mind any actual flowering signs of spring. I think our apple tree might actually be dead.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

Sure there is, it gets easier/better. At least on most toddler issues then you get a whole new batch of things to deal with: emotions and girls at school and gossipy teenage problems and that kind of thing. But it's still rather fun isn't it?

And I'd love to have roses blooming right now, they're gorgeous. How jealous I am.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger QT said...

I want to bury my face in that rose - I can almost smell it! We are just having trees start to bud here, so it will be awhile -damn Californians!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >