Monday, April 16, 2007

Disjointed

I was going to write a weekend wrap-up, but I can't seem to get my mind around the weekends activities. It seems like most weekends have a feel, a certain vibe, a theme even. You know, the all work weekends, the skiing weekends, the hiking weekends, whatever. This weekend felt disconnected. It was busy - that part felt constant, but the busyness was a mishmash of unassociated activities.

We began the weekend by escaping to the city for a Cowboy Junkies concert at the Great American Music Hall. The music was excellent. I would give just about anything for Margo Timmins effortless vocals. I think their tour diary sums up the show and city best: "This city doesn’t hide its junkies, hookers and panhandlers..."

So, the rest of the weekend becomes a blur. Saturday, I dealt with the aftereffects of staying up past 10pm on Friday night. In this haze, I finally did our taxes. I don't even want to discuss this. Let's just say, Uncle Sam is going to get a nice lump of cash from us to continue his noble, unselfish, well thought out, freedom spreading efforts across the globe. Ugghh... See. Taxes make me grumpy.

Forget this summary. I can't sit here and write anymore. I took in too much coffee while watching the Boston Marathon this morning. This potent combination has me so pumped and edgy. I have to get out and run. Now.

Happy Monday! Go for a run!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger QT said...

Well, it certainly sounds like you did a lot over the weekend! I love the Cowboy Junkies too - have never seen them live, tho, so that part makes me kind of jealous.

As for taxes - yeah, dealing with that at work as we speak! Glad you are back with us...permanently???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >