Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Milestones

I threw out our Diaper Genie. Sarah's been out of diapers for a while now and doing really great with the whole potty training thing. Still, I couldn't bring myself to throw the Genie out. I guess I've been afraid that she'd just decide that she's over the potty and demand diapers again. Who knows? I guess she could still do that. The truth is I still hold my breath and pray she won't have an accident when she sits on a friend's plush couch, but I don't think we're going back to diapers. Or babyhood. So, as a vote of confidence in her ability, the Genie is out and another thread to babyhood is snipped. Ouch! Those cuts always sting a bit.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

We used to have one of those and my husband would constantly joke (he can beat a joke into the ground like no other) about saving the string of wrapped diapers to use as a Christmas tree decoration. It was funny the first time.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Funny, I would have expected a different course of action. Sarah is out of diapers and you have (had) a diaper genie, so that must mean it is time for another kid.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

oh, sister. big steps for mom. big steps for her.

it's bittersweet, isn't it? excited about her growing, and sad that she's growing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >