Friday, July 21, 2006

An Easy Life

I always feel like such a jerk when I run past the gardeners in our neighborhood on a hot day.

Trying to stay cool in the shade as they rake up the leaves off some white-collared professional's pretty, pretty lawn, they usually squint at me in confusion.

I run past them. Look at me. Not only do I have the luxury of free time in the middle of the workday. I use that free time to go out into the heat. For fun.

If the roles were reversed, I think I'd take a shovel to my perky little head.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

H looks at me that way when I go out for a walk in 95 degree weather too!! Glad to know I am not alone.

:)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

N - The best thing about going out in the heat is that you're almost guaranteed solitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >