Thursday, May 11, 2006

Will it always be this crazy?

A phone call from just another day in our life...

Mike: Hi! What are you up to?
Me: Well, I'm on my way to pick Sarah up from daycare.
Mike: (silence)
Me: Yeah, I just got a call. She's limping and saying that her yi-ya hurts.
Mike: Oh, oh...
Me: I know. She was complaining about the scrape on her knee this morning, but I didn't think much about it.
Mike: She told me it hurt too.
Me: We're bad parents.
Mike: Yes.
Me: Anyway, I'm calling her doctor now to see what she recommends.
Mike: OK. The thing is I just got a call too. I have to appear tomorrow morning in front of a federal judge to possibly testify about [SUPER SECRET CASE]. I need to start prepping for that now.
Me: I think I can handle this crisis on my own.
Mike: Thanks. I'll be home as soon as I can.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just gets crazier-maggie/REJ

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Maggie/REJ - I refuse to believe that. I'm going to imagine a quiet, restful time - basically just live in denial.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >