Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cubicle

My brother sent me some pictures the other day of his "office". He's a New Mexico State Park Manager, so this is the sort of scenery he's greeted with most mornings when he gets in to work:







Isn't that magnificent? I remember when I was a kid ice fishing on that lake with him. Standing on the ice, the cold would creep up my boots and numb my toes. My eyes would tear up from the wind blowing across the frozen lake, but I couldn't have been happier. My brother was giving me pointers on fishing (like, "Stop talking, Julie!"), and I was surrounded by beauty. Yup! His office really makes me miss home and think I might have chosen the wrong career.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Stop talking, Julie!", Your brother is a man of silence. Isn't
he? I never got asked back to
any fun hunting or fishing trips.
The gift of gab and vocally appreciating the beauty around me
always got me on the UN-invited list. I miss you guys! We all
have to get together sometime soon. When is good for you? June?

We have endured Downhill skiing, An 18 miler, and we shall XC-ski this weekend. But we also took a
little time for culture. It's not all about adrenalin and endorphins.
We enjoyed Yo Yo Ma's The Silk Road. What a treat of the purest beautiful music.

Squeeze Sarita for me and kiss her
cheeks while she sleeps.
REJ

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

He's definitely a man of few words. I made too much noise for him (asked too many questions), and compared to you, I'm a mute. So, it's no wonder you were never asked back on one of his trips. I miss all of you, too. I can meet up in June.

You've been going crazy! Sounds like fun. Where do you find the energy?

Consider Sarita squeezed and kissed.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger city dweller said...

Thats gorgeous. I'd love to have that job!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother is a man after my own heart. We see the world as it should be seen--few words and the wonder of God's creation. Sometimes I wonder if it is a guy thing--no, it is all His children that are taking the time to enjoy the world around us. If you think that is great, look into the heaven at night and see the orderliness of our universe. Anyone who cannot see there is a force greater than our being is sadly mistaken. What a wonderfuly office you brother has to work in.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Cityslicker Mom - I'm so jealous of his job. I think that sort of scenery would make me very eager to get to work every morning.

grandpaw fife - What a beautiful description. I agree with you completely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >