Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mission Accomplished

So, Miami Beach was ok. It had beautiful beaches, perfect weather, fabulous food, blah, blah, blah, paradise, relaxing... Whatever. The true highlight of our trip was a visit to a place that captivated our household and dominated our conversations back in 2000.

Immediately after our plane landed in Miami, we knew what we had to do. It didn't matter that it was 5 am, and the morning was still lacking sunlight. We headed straight to Little Havana to visit the Elián Gonzalez house.



It was so gratifying to finally see with our own eyes the image that was practically burned onto our television screen from our fanatical tracking of the saga. I checked this off of my list of "100 Things To Do Before I Die" and moved on to a wonderful breakfast of cafe con leche and a cuban sandwich.

At this point, I considered my vacation complete. The rest of the experience was just an extended wait on a beach for my return flight home.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really! That was on your list of
100 things to do? I have to review my list. I don't believe
I have anything like that on there.
I can't remember as far back as the year 2000. How is Mike's list
coming along? Let him know the
Birkie is on this weekend. We should be there to cheer him on.
Got to do those things on the list.
REJ

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

REJ - It seems like my list of 100 Things grows faster than I can check stuff off. Mike's list is probably more like "1 Zillion Things To Do".

One of the items I'd love to put on my list and check off is the Birkie. I must get better on skating skis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >