Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympics, Will U Be My Valentine?

To complicate matters even further in my life (It's always about me. Isn't it?), the winter Olympics are under way.

Oh, I LOVE the Olympics! Raw competition, beautiful athletes performing amazing feats, tears flowing to the strains of national anthems, cross-country skiers collapsing in exhaustion as they sprint across finish lines, shiny medals, downhill skiers tumbling in spectacular crashes - it's simply wonderful.

The problem with all of this superbness is that I want to watch all of it. ALL OF IT! Right now, we have about 12 hours of the games on our TiVo with all of the upcoming events scheduled to also be recorded. How am I going to watch so much television? I've been training, but am I really prepared to take it to this level? Can I pull this off while keeping the kid and dogs fed (Mike will just have to feed himself for a few days. I know my limits.)?

I can't doubt myself now. I just have to keep my eye on the ball and be prepared to give 110%. Champions don't quit. This is what I was born to do. I WILL SUCCEED! (cue National Anthem)

5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe we have an inner fire
burning to go for the GOLD(*).
My heart wells up with emotion
as I watch these athletes and
listen to thier bio's. Man
The Olympic Spirit!

*In my little world sometimes
a Medal has differnt meanings. Start with 8 loads of laundry,
3 meals, 5 showers, 14 mile run,
grocery run, a little housekeeping,
and a few hugs. That is SILVER...
Add the Sunday Paper and coffee to
that and you have GOLD day!
Getting out of bed after a GOLD day is definetly BRONZE.
Olympic Contendar
REJ

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

As always, you totally impress me!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

REJ - I think you have the spirit! Your gold medal days sound excruciating. I've got the coffee and paper part down. It's the laundry, grocery, meals, etc. that have me beat.

N - Trust me. There isn't much to be impressed about around here. Hope you're doing well...

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally!! another olympic junkie!!! we are cut from the same cloth, lovers of dogs and unusual sports. scott makes so much fun of my love of curling and figure skating it is not funny. did you see the american men rally against the swedes? i am thinking about taking the night off to see pleshenko and wier battle it out for the gold! love, carrie
ps-james loves to watch the downhill, he is mesmorized.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Carrie - Too bad you don't live closer. We could have an Olympic watching marathon together. Mike disappears when the men's figure skating starts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >