Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cough! Cough!

Another round of illness has swept through our house. This appears to be a female hating virus as only the girls were affected this time (minus Lola, I think her smell wards off all ailments).

I finally took Sarah in to see the doctor last week, and sure enough, she had an ear infection. She got some antibiotics, but still, the weekend went something like this:

Sarah: (Cough, cough, cough...weird cry...wild look in her eyes...)
Me: Oh, oh!!!
Sarah: (Puke flying out of her mouth and inevitably all of over me)
Me: (Stripping off my puke soaked clothing with one hand while cleaning, comforting and redressing Sarah with the other.)
Sarah: (Sad, sad look in her eyes) Night, night.
Me: (Put sick baby to bed, sprawl on couch, eat a few handfuls of ibuprofen, and wait to do it all again in a couple of hours.)

She seems to be doing much better, but I think I've developed a nice case of black lung. I just want to crawl into bed and let my lungs finish rotting, but I have piles of work waiting for me. So, time to suck it up and get productive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >