Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Morning With The Girls

I always try to give myself some extra time in the morning when I drop Sarah off at daycare. I like to hang out with her a little bit before I leave. It's become such a fun routine. I get to see how Sarah interacts with the older girls (she's the youngest in the class), and she likes to show me her playthings. An unexpected part of the fun has been the time that I get to spend with Sarah's classmates.

This morning I sat on the floor with Sarah. Before I knew it, my lap was filled with little girls and a book had been placed in my hands. I had no choice but to read. So, I read a book about balls, carpentry tools, and farm animals (who writes this stuff?) to the cutest bunch of kids. One of the girls, a redhead who greets Sarah with a hug and a kiss to the forehead every morning, was wearing no pants. She's going through an anti-pants phase. Another girl knew the names of the most obscure animals and tools (she speaks Swedish and English in complete sentences). A feisty girl declared every object on every page "MINE!" and made one of the more sensitive girls cry by giving her a push and calling her "yucky". It was just another morning at Overpriced Daycare. If the job didn't involve diaper changing, I'd love to spend more time there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >