Monday, October 03, 2005

Out Of Town

I had to make a quick trip to my office in Pasadena last week. Quick summary:

-People in Southern California drive like complete lunatics. I know this isn't breaking news, but I had forgotten how fast and aggressive these drivers are. I can't believe I used to spend two hours a day in that insanity and that I was able to eat a bowl of cereal, mess with the radio, talk on the phone, and curl my eyelashes while whizzing along in the fast lane. This time, I had both hands on the steering wheel as I maintained an apparently granny-like 80 mph speed in the slow lane. Wow! I was scared.

-People in Northern California drive like near-sighted grannies. By the time I got back, I found myself tailgating slow pokes in the fast lane, cursing their cluelessness on how to properly use the lane intended for SPEEDING. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! Yeah, I brought back a serious case of road rage.

-The air in Southern California is atrocious. Once again, not breaking news, but most of L.A. was surrounded by wildfires, so breathing was a tactile experience. The air particles were perceptibly felt entering my body and a dark film hung over the city.

-Despite all of the above, my office is in an exquisite location. I got to take a run on one of the great trails behind the lab. There is an entire gorgeous National Forest right out the door! I miss those trails and that forest.

-Our house is neater and Sarah is happier when Mike is left in charge. For the sake of our home and child, I think I'll have to leave them alone more often. I'm thinking a trip to Maui would get me out of their hair long enough. Aloha!

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the "Most Recent Photo sidebar", what is so disturbing about putting the milk back in the cow? Sarah must recognize that the poor cow can't physically take a drink from herself. How frustrating. Sarah is a true empath like Mamma. -JMF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >