Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Ski of the Season

So, yesterday I made good on my word, packed up my x-country skis and headed for higher ground.

Honestly, I didn't think the trails would be skiable, but I threw the skis in my car anyway. Just in case.

And boy was I glad that I did. This is what I found at Meissner:



Perfectly skiable snow!



So, Lola and I got to work.



We skied a few miles and by the time we headed back to the car the flurries had diminished and the sun started to peak through the trees. A fantastic way to start the ski season!



Oh, but this wacky weather didn't completely go away. This was the scene at our house this morning - icy roads, sagging tree limbs and a couple of inches of snow. So pretty!



Wait. Did I just say "so pretty" in reference to snow? And did I just have a positive experience in early season snow?

Hmmm... Maybe I'm getting used to these long, long winters.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Marti said...

wow, can't believe you already have snow over there! i'm in the boston area at the moment and it almost feels like spring... on a totally different note: i remember you talking about your love of trader joe's :) i just read this article on cnnmoney.com: http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/20/news/companies/inside_trader_joes_full_version.fortune/index.htm. pretty interesting. i must say, it did burst my trader joe's bubble a little bit, although i don't think i'll stop shopping there when i'm in town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >