Monday, March 02, 2009

Pinkeye and Velveeta

It's a random thought kind of day. So, here are a few:

At Sarah's doctor visit, we found that since July, her last doctor visit, she grew 1 1/2 inches and gained 0 pounds. I blame the last number on the stomach virus that nearly made a grown man cry, and the first number on genes not related to my own.

This morning I found 3, 1,2,3!!!!, gray hairs snuggled on top of my head. I plan on drinking this evening until I forget. But not before picking up a box of Nice 'n Easy. Maybe two. Sigh...

I'm feeling the need to help stimulate the economy. New jeans for me and unnecessary crap for Sarah! Mike seems concerned by this, a bit unpatriotic if you ask me.

My oldest nephew is 17 today. Wow! It doesn't feel possible. Happy birthday, oldest nephew!

Made Broccoli and Noodle Soup last night. This recipe is a keeper. Just add more chicken broth than the recipe calls for.

What the hell is Velveeta? Next time, I'll try the above recipe with real cheese, cheese that requires refrigeration.

Pandora thinks that Pearl Jam, all the time, is what I want.

No, Pandora. I love me some Eddie Vedder, but give me some variety. P.S. I really like when you sneak in Michael Jackson and Run-DMC.

After a long day with your kid and her pinkeye, making play dough and filming the kid and her pinkeye playing with the play dough seems like a good idea.

It's not a good idea.



Happy Monday!


6 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Deby said...

I love your randomness. Pink eye is a bugger, isn't it? Having to wipe every surface in the house down. Uuuugh. Very cute video though. Sarah is very busy.

Your soup sounds interesting, unfortunately, Bob would order a pizza if I made it. No green passes his lips.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Sarah has grown up!! She's so pretty. My gray hairs are multiplying by the day...ughh.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like SILVER hair is a BAD thing!
No toxic waste on my head, Thank You. Wear it with pride in honor
of your genetics and your journey
through life. You have earned it!

As for the Velveeta? Ben says its
really cheese and not bad for you.
He read the box. I beg to differ.
REJ

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Deby - Not sure how you could disguise the green in this recipe.

Rachel - The graying of hair is such a downer.

REJ - Sorry. I mean the silvering of hair is such a downer. I'd rather have earned something less visible, like wisdom.

Ben is a risk-taker. I'll mail him my leftover Velveeta.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Velveeta is supposedly better for you than cheese, in that it is less fatty. I heard that once.

I have grey hairs. I'm excited about it. Right now they are sparse, but I am waiting for them to pick up speed. I will not dye, I will wear them with pride. Or so I say now.

Rachael

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Rach - Really? Velveeta is less fatty. Still, I think I'll take the fat in regular cheese.

You will look fabulous with any color of hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >