Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sick Day, Again

Sarah was still sick on Tuesday. She stayed home with me again. At the end of the day, I had to make a note of how she entertained herself, because I don't think she played with a single toy. She prefers, always has, real objects.

Here's how my four-year old amused herself:
  • Watched that whiny twerp, Caillou
  • Made art (marker drawings) for her best friend, Kate
  • Stuffed the art along with marbles in envelopes
  • Watered the houseplants
  • Dyed string with food coloring
  • Picked flowers for her dad
  • Raked leaves
  • Wrapped random things in wrapping paper
  • Made x-mas ornaments (glued string to paper)
  • Made Jello (peach is her favorite)
  • Created bean sprout egg cups (I don't know where she got this idea. That twerp Caillou, perhaps?) Take empty egg shells, color them with watercolors, fill the empty shells with cotton balls and stuff beans into the cotton. Sarah assures me bean sprouts will emerge.
  • Helped me make mashed potatoes
  • Put on her swimsuit and did "gymnastics"
  • Did a "project". This is her favorite activity. I give her random kitchen ingredients, a bowl, spoon and leave her alone. Must leave her alone, most important part. On this day, I gave her some cocoa powder, salt, rice, popcorn kernels, noodles, ice and water. And left her alone.
  • Read books
  • Followed me everywhere while asking questions
I'm not sure what this says about her personality. She loves hands-on projects? She likes mixing things? She enjoys watching me wash mounds of dishes? Doesn't matter. She wears me out, and I love every minute of it.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Jonzie said...

Super sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >