Friday, August 24, 2007

Hypocrite

In the parking lot of TheOtherBible Camp, I scramble to pick up every last trace of the orange candy bar wrapper that I ripped and tossed on the passenger floor mats as I drove.

I hadn't had lunch. My blood sugar was plummeting. So, what did I do? The exact thing that I would never let my daughter do. I shoved entire Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my mouth for lunch. I licked my fingers and picked peanut butter crumbs from my shirt making sure I didn't lose one morsel of sugar.

Sarah has a fantastic drive for sugar. Regularly, she begs for marshmallows, lollipops, popsicles, cookies, SUGAR. Of course, I lecture her about the evils of sweets. I paint images of rotting teeth and stunted growth. I've driven this so hard that after having a sugary snack she runs for her toothbrush to scrub the sugar away.

So, I had to hide every last trace of my snack. She would spot the orange wrapper scraps. She notices everything. Accusingly, she'd hold them up, look me in the eye and ask if I'd eaten candy. I didn't want to tell her. I didn't want to explain that... Lola did it. She jumped onto the table, got into the candy bowl, took peanut butter cups and gobbled them all up IN MY CAR. She's a bad dog, a very bad dog!

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger QT said...

Dude, someday she will understand. But for now, it is for the best.

I have pulled similar stunts...luckily, I don't have anyone to be accountable to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >